Thursday, December 1, 2011

A New Month.

I love the first of the month. So many plans, so many goals. Optimism, motivation, and determination seem to reach their peak on this day...until the 2nd when we realize it's just another month, the same as the last. Same temptations, same excuses. But not this time. This time everything changes. This time we're going to do it. 

For the first time in my life I'm going to be living alone, and it could really go either way. It could be used as an excuse to binge and spiral into a depression of self-hatred...or it could be the time I change my life. There is no excuse not to go to the gym when there is no one to come home to, no excuse to buy junk food when there is no one to buy it for. So why not? Why not make this the happiest 4 months of my life? By summer I could be 115. I could be slipping into a pair of size 2 jeans in a mere 4 months. So what's stopping me? What stops anyone from reaching their goals? Nothing. Their is absolutely nothing stopping me from reaching my goals except myself. I'm not going to keep myself from success any longer. I'm not going to let my insecurities stop me from even trying. I can do this. We can do this. So, why not?

The goals:
- Go to the gym at least 3 times per week
- Don't buy any junk food, if it's not in the house you can't eat it
- Track my calories everyday
- Put pictures of my idols on the fridge 
- Lose 40 lbs in the 4 months my boyfriend is gone
- Get a part time job so I can improve my resume and buy new clothes for my new body
- Get at least an A in all my courses


 I want this and now is as good a time as any. In 4 months, I can be the person I want to be. I could look in the mirror and love myself, be proud of the body I earned. So I'm gonna do it. I'm going to put myself first and transform my body and my soul. You coming?



 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, a few things..
    Because I hate to see people struggle along especially when their body type is NOT that of a naturally thin Ectomorph (thinspo images are of Ectomorph women who have hyperactive metabolisms and CAN actually starve and lose weight). From what you've said so far you sound like your body type is partly endomorphic like me (never thin by default, body hates dropping fat, etc)

    1. Get a heart rate monitor, by Polar..with the chest transmitter. It will tell you exactly how many cals you're burning and tell you when you're within 60-80 max heart rate (the rate at which you begin actually burning fat).

    2. Get a digital food scale. you *need* accuracy!

    3. Do cardio more than 5x a week. I'd aim for 5-7. You posted about just naturally not being as thin as the other girls when you were younger. Well, I was in the same boat. You need more cardio to get to that 'thin' point. Focus on intensity and calories burned, not time. 1 hr and/or 500 cals at least. but also..

    4. You need to eat enough. 1200 NET. My body holds the eff on to everything unless I eat 1200 net, after I burn cals exercising. so if I burn 500, I try to eat 1700. I made the mistake of not eating enough before and was so pissed that I wasted my effort doing so much cardio. Whenever I ate enough or confused my body I lost weight.

    When I severely restricted in the past I lost weight but I was still the same size. Effing lame right? Also easily gained it back. That's from losing muscle before fat. On to my next point...

    5. Jillian michaels ripped in 30 dvd, really good even if you do it 1-3 times a week and not everyday. Weight training, guided (I hate lifting weights in the gym)

    6. Restrict fast absorbing carbs. I can't eat bread or rice and still lose fat. It interferes with your fat burning ability (some people can get away with it but people who naturally store and hold on to more fat cannot eat this crap too much). I eat black beans, chick peas, sometimes apples, and green veggies for my carbs. limit fruit.

    7. make chicken breasts or some source of protein in advance, you can keep chicken breasts in the fridge for like 5-6 days. saves time.

    Good luck. I started at 172, lost a lot of weight when I was burning 800-1000/day and eating close to 2000. I stopped losing when I was burning 1000 and eating 1000. Didn't work. Reason is because endomorph body types are desparately trying to cling on to fat, but if you let it know that it's getting food it will let go... I'm 158 now.

    Oh, and fish oil (only omega 3's, no omega 6 it will make you break out), olive oil, fats aren't bad. Combo of protein, fat and minimal slow carbs will give you the best result.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete